What’s new in Console Cloud?
Our development team is constantly working on implementing new features and enhancements. You’ll find here a list of updates that make the product better every day.
- Vacate workflow: You now send email and SMS directly from the Vacate workflow.
- Edit and resend maintenance work orders: Maintenance work orders can now be edited and resent. When the work order is resent, the email and PDF will indicate it is a revised work order, and will include the date of revision.
- Tenant Invoices: Invoices now include the tenant's postal address, and are now compatible with a standard window envelope.
- WA specific wording: We've now adjusted all trust account reports for our Western Australian agencies to include 'Licensed Real Estate and Business Agent' as well as the agency's business address.
- Templates and merge fields: We have now added the merge fields to use with tenant and owner messaging for showing 'amount in arrears' and 'days in arrears'. You can also now use a new merge field 'user name' to show the name of the specific person who is logged in and sending the message in the template.
- Shortcuts: We’ve added a floating action button that has shortcuts to the most common actions taken on the site. So, whenever you’re on the dashboard you can easily create a receipt or a payment without having to navigate to accounts. Give it a whirl!
- New bulk receipting upload files: We've now added 2 new receipting files to the bulk receipting screen, .PAY and .QIF files are now supported. If you can export transactions from your bank in either OFX or one of these new formats, you can now take advantage of Bulk Receipting capability. We're also working on some additional files types, to be added into bulk receipting in the near future!
- Auto email tenant receipts: Console Cloud can automatically email your tenants a copy of their receipt when payments are processed. You can turn this feature on on in your office by going to the Settings > Banking
- New rent arrears calculation method: You can now use a different rent arrears calculation method in Console Cloud. Users with full admin rights can change your office's rent arrears calculation method to full rent period-based calculation. This feature has been a high priority for our Victorian and Western Australian clients, and we thank them for their support! To find out more, or change rent arrears calculation methods, go to Settings > Office.
- Templates: You now have the ability to delete templates that your office has set up or revert system provided templates to their original format
- Arrears: You can now set up SMS reminders to be sent on specific days of the week only. For example, choose to set up reminders to tenants who are 3 days in arrears on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday only. Go to set up SMS Reminders and enable your automated SMS reminders
- Workflow searches: You can now search within all our workflows, as we've added searching to the Vacate, Applications & Arrears workflows
- Owner Contacts: You can now add and change your owner contacts easily, when editing an owner
- Payment History: We've adjusted the name of the Tenant Timeline link in the tenant details screen, to now be called Payment history - to avoid confusion with the Timeline tab in the same area
- Global Search: You can now search phone numbers in our global search
- Payments + Flashscan: We've built enhancements to the payments screen to let you 'train' it to remember the creditor, property and BPAY reference number for matching strata invoices from the same property. This also includes better handling of strata invoices that share a BPAY biller code with other creditors.
- New form in Workflow - In the lease renewal workflow, we have added an additional REI form for WA, "Lease Extension".
- Reference numbers on Work Orders: All new work orders will now be allocated a unique reference number, which appears on both the maintenance request and the work order and is also searchable in the Maintenance screen.
- Inspections Notes: We've now significantly increased the character limit in 'notes' for inspections, which pull through to the inspections app.
- Pending Payments: We've added the ability to be able to sort two of the columns, the 'Pay To' and 'From File' columns. This makes it easier to sort and manage your pending payments.
- Pending payments: You can now sort your payments list by an additional column of 'payment date'.
- Manual receipting addition: We've made the tenant's rent amount visible when creating a manual receipt.
- Compliance dashboard widget is here! This new widget on your dashboard helps you track compliance items such as smoke detectors based on expiration dates, plus keep an eye on items without expiry dates listed. Now you can easily check and follow up on compliance items that need action.
- Automated recurring rent invoices are here: Set up recurring rent invoices in the tenant screen, and Console Cloud will automatically email recurring rent invoices each month.
- Email and SMS your creditors + new creditor template: You can now contact creditors via email and SMS. We've also released a new creditor office template to help streamline your communications.
- Templates improvements: You can now upload fixed attachments to your office templates + edit office templates to your liking. Examples you might attach include our Cleaning checklist or Tips to get your bond back when vacating. Head to Settings > Templates to get started.
- Bulk re-sending of tenant invoices: You can now re-send invoices to tenants both individually and in bulk. Simply select the invoices you want to re-send, and hit send invoices. These invoices will now also show any part payments amounts paid by the tenant, at the time of re-sending.
- Templates: so hot right now! You can now create + edit your own templates, edit + rename existing ones, and add attachments to templates. Coming soon: the option to delete templates.
- Arrears: You can now set up automated SMS reminders to be sent on specific days. For example, you can make a rule to send SMS reminders on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to all tenants who are three days in arrears. Go to Set Up SMS Reminders > Enable.
- Console Pay: Don't wait for Console Pay! You can now activate Console Pay in Console Cloud. Click the banner on your dashboard and complete your application to get started.
- Console Pay: And once you've activated Console Pay, you can invite your tenants in Console Cloud. Click on Console Pay from the main menu to get started.
- Tenant Applications: We are currently developing a new workflow that will help you to capture, track and select tenant applications for properties that require a tenant. While we are still enhancing this new feature, we would love for you to try it out!
- FlashScan Creditor Payments: Prepare for an upgrade to your payments screen in Console Cloud. FlashScan automatically reads your scanned invoices, and pre-fills invoice information into payment fields for your review. It makes paying invoices quick and easy. To find out more, click here.
- Templates are here! Communicate faster, with 16 new email and SMS templates to choose from. You will now find Templates under Settings and you can now edit the subject and body text to suit you. We’re working on two new features to let you create your own templates, plus add attachments to your communications. Stay tuned.
- Invoices: For overdue tenant invoices, we now show you how many days in arrears these invoices are, at a glance on the invoices screen.
- Invoices: We've now added the ability to filter by the invoice status, in the invoices screen.
- Trust Account Receipts: Receipts now display the amount receipted, in figures and in words.
- Property Compliance: You’ve spoken and we’ve listened. You can now choose Other as a compliance item for more flexibility in what you can track. In the future, we’ll also be adding a Compliance Dashboard widget to remind you of compliance items that have expired, or are about to.
- Applications Workflow bug fix: There was recently an issue where new applications processes were accidentally & automatically being created when they shouldn't have been. This bug has now been squished, and will bother you no longer.
- Choose your SMS plan: With the free SMS period now complete, you can now choose your preferred SMS plan to suit your needs. Simply go to 'Settings', and then 'Addons' - and select your preferred plan.
- Additional forms: We've now added the ability to merge your Console Cloud data into many more forms from REI forms/Realworks. You can access these by using the 'Create form' button in the individual tenant, owner and property screens.
- Property Compliance: We have added more fields to the Property page to record your property compliance categories, certificates and expiry dates.
- Making Owner Agreements inactive: When you make an owner agreement inactive, it will no longer remove fees from that owner agreement. The fees will be retained for future reference, but will not be charged once the owner has been made inactive.
- Receipt Downloads: We've switched off the automatic downloading of receipts that occurs when you manually receipt money, and added an option to be able to download the receipt only when you need it.
- Bulk Emails to Owners and Tenants: You now have the ability to send bulk emails to Owner and Tenants with attachments from Cloud. Simply select tenants or owners from the list page or send individual emails from the Tenant or Owner page. Emails can also be sent from the Property, Maintenance and Inspection pages - simply click, Message Tenant or Message Owner.
View your communication history, including a preview of the message and delivery status, in the Owner Communications and Tenant Timeline.
- Documents: There are now many new 'Documents' areas in Cloud. You can now easily upload and store documents attached to your Tenants, Owners, Creditors, Properties and Sales - as well as a global documents screen.
- Bulk SMS to Owners and Tenants: You can now SMS your owners and tenants, both individually and in bulk. This is available in the 'message' option, which is accessible from the connected tenant/owner/property of the people you want to send to, or the main tenant and owner screens.
- Communications Page: The communications page can be located from the icon on the top banner of Cloud. This page will display all Communications sent from Cloud eg Emails, SMS, Owner and Creditor Statements, Tenant Invoices, Inspection emails and Entry Notices etc.
- The Help area is changing! We'll soon be changing the 'Help' option in the top right hand side of Console Cloud. You will see a new help button, which will have 2 options: 'Live Chat', and 'Console Help'. Console Help will now open a new web-page, to access our training & help resources - with a slightly different look. It also gives us more options to make more information, and useful resources, easily accessible to you.
- Commission on Tenant Invoices: By popular demand, you can now add in a new fee type that will collect commissions on the money you receive when tenants pay invoices
- Dashboard update changes: We've now changed the look of the dashboard update, to more prominently let you know when we've made new changes & additions in Console Cloud.
- Amend Paid-To Date: Users can now amend the paid-to date within Cloud. Simply click on "Amend" next to the tenants paid-to date, provide information on what details need to change and the paid to date will be updated automatically.
- Insights: We've now added an 'Insights' dashboard specifically for business owners and business managers. It show current and historical data on your rent roll's revenue, it's value as a saleable asset, total properties, and other useful information. Insights is only available to Administrator level users.
- Global Search: We've now added a global search bar at the top of Console Cloud. This allows you to quickly find and visit any owner, tenant, property or creditor in Cloud.
- Roles and Permissions:
- - Invite new users into your system
- - Select one of three Permission Levels
- - See pending invites
- - Once the user has registered, ability to edit permission level
- Tenant Timeline: We've now added a 'Timeline' tab in the Tenant screen. This shows you a detailed timeline of many transactions, workflow events, maintenance, inspections and other events or actions that have occurred throughout the tenancy. You can also click through many of the events listed, to access the item it is referring to...PLUS...you can also export these timeline events to a PDF document, to be able to share or take to tribunal.
- Customised Arrears SMS: Due to popular demand we are excited to release the ability to customise Arrears SMS reminders. Head to your arrears workflow now and set up your own message in Manage SMS reminders.
- Arrears workflow: We've now added the Vacate Date column in arrears list
- Arrears workflow: You can now email all tenants the PDF that has been attached to the arrears timeline.
PM App (V1.3.2)
- You now have the ability to copy & paste comments directly from a previous inspection area to the new inspection, in one click. Simply press the "copy comments" and the comments will pre-populate into the current inspection.
- Prefixed templates for Routine Inspections: When you have new routine inspections, a default set of pre-populated areas will be automatically created.
- There were 11 small software bugs found, and exterminated.
- Vacate Workflow: You can now transfer overpaid rent to tenant deposit directly from the vacate workflow.
- Owner Portal: You can now invite your Owners to the new Owner Portal, where they can access their statements, and other basic tenancy information for their properties.
- User Invite Page: Previously, you could only see the users you have invited to the Cloud office once they have successfully accepted the invite. Now, as soon as you invite a user, their name will appear in the Users screen, and will have a "Pending" tag next to their name to let you know that they haven't accepted the invitation yet. After 7 days, if the invite isn't accepted, it will expire and disappear.
- Arrears: You can now sort by the (days in) Arrears, and Last SMS columns in the Arrears workflow.
- Vacates: You can now sort by the Vacate Date, and Exit Inspection (date) columns in the Vacate workflow.
- Properties List: Added new columns in the Properties list to view the key numbers and current rent amounts.
- Tenants List: Added new columns in Tenants list for (Lease) End Date and Vacate Date.
- Arrears Workflow: You can now upload a PDF directly to the arrears timeline.
- There were 5 annoying software bugs found and eliminated.
- Lease Renewals: You now have a single view of all Lease Renewals and a timeline of your lease renewal events. This includes the following;
- - Set up Lease Renewal fees to be charged to the owner when you finalise the lease renewal.
- - Send an email to your tenant asking if they intend to renew, vacate or if they are undecided and receive their response into the Lease Renewal timeline.
- - Create a Lease Agreement Form if you have a subscription with REI or Realworks.
- - Automatically update your Tenant Agreement once you finalise the Lease.
- Arrears: You can now create a form using REI forms integration in the workflow.
- Vacate: You can now create "Tenant Summary" to summarise everything the tenant needs to finalise a tenancy.
- Create Form in Tenant Agreement: If you have REI forms you can now integrate with Cloud and create your Tenant Lease Agreement from the Tenant Agreement page.
- Vacate: You can now change your vacate date, directly in the workflow.
- New Disbursement page: We've now released a new disbursement page, which you have the option of switching to (see the disbursement page itself for this option). In the new page, you can search and select single owners and creditors easily, and disburse them individually. There's also an improved summary page to give you more visibility of Agency fees being disbursed, and we've made the screen much faster to handle disbursing large numbers of owners.
- Arrears: You can now create a form using REI forms integration in the workflow and add an expiry date - SET up your REI/Realworks Integration in Settings to start using.
- Arrears: You can filter by portfolio on the arrears page. /li>
- Search: On the Lease Renewals page you can now search by property address or tenant name.
- Vacate: You can now filter by portfolio.
- Lease Renewal: You can now search by property address or tenant name.
- Lease Renewal: Last action column now available with the ability to sort.
- Lease Renewal: You now have the ability to sort by End Date.
- There was a bug on the Dashboard Arrears graph, where the totals of tenants in arrears under the specific time frames were incorrect ie the number of tenants between 1-3 days in arrears. This has now been rectified
- There were 14 other minor bugs fixes or enhancements released.
- Entry and Exit Condition reports are now available in the Console app.
- Past Inspection Information: You can now view past inspections, and copy past inspection notes within the individual 'areas' for inspections in the Console app.
- Paid to date help wizard: If you notice that your paid to date and part-payment is incorrect, you can now submit your help request through Console Cloud directly and our support staff will be in contact.
- Vacating Tenancies: You now have a single view of all your active tenancies that have a vacate date.
- See other valuable information related to the vacate such as:
- - any monies owed (rent and invoices combined)
- - if an exit inspection has been scheduled, the date it is scheduled for.
- - When you are ready to finalise the tenancy, press the button and it will finalise the vacate and make the tenancy inactive.
- - You can now cancel the vacate workflow when a tenant no longer needs to vacate. This will remove the vacate date and close the workflow.
- See this new feature under "Beta Features"
- Arrears: You now have a single view of all Rent Arrears and a timeline of your arrears events. 29 Nov 2018 You can send manual SMS reminders to tenants or set up Auto SMS Reminders.
- - Auto SMS allows you to set and forget and will reduce the amount of time you spend following up arrears.
- - With Auto SMS you can control what day reminders are sent (ie 4 days in arrears), the time SMS reminders are sent and turn off reminders to individual tenancies.
- - Events, like when the SMS message is sent and what the message said, are recorded in the timeline.
- - Record notes in the arrears timeline.
- Fixed or Periodic: We have made updates to the tenant agreement screen. All tenant agreements now have a Fixed or Periodic lease type.
- Navigation Menu: The navigation menu has been enhanced to now include Relationships and Beta Features. Relationships consolidates all your Contacts, Owners, Tenants and Creditors together in the one menu item.
- Addons: The Addons screen has been added into 'Settings' in the navigation bar. This currently allows you to activate and manage your SMS usage in Cloud, which is currently inside a free subscription period until March 31st 2019.
- EFT Payment List: We have made some adjustments to the EFT Statement to add in the 'Payer' name column, and also sort the list in alphabetical order for easy reference.
- Vacating tenancies: Sort order of list view on Vacate page.
- Console App - Fixed the orientation of landscape photos in the app and inspection report. (iOS only)
- There have been 15 bugs found and eliminated in Cloud.
- Console App Upload Summary: An upload summary has been added to the inspections screen to show the progress of inspection data being uploaded to Cloud.
- Draft Maintenance: Draft maintenance requests can now be submitted from the "Maintenance" tab inside an inspection.
- Change Log: We have added a new Change Log that tracks all changes ever made in your office, in Cloud. Check it out now under "Change Log" in the nav menu, as well as in the "Last changed by" widget located at the bottom right in most screens.
- Maintenance: In the maintenance screen, you can now additionally search by property address or by maintenance subject.
- There were 12 minor bugs found and squashed.
- There was a bug in the maintenance screen which showed all maintenance as 'New' status, and was showing some 'closed' maintenance requests in the open screen. It was promptly hunted down and exterminated with prejudice.
- There were 4 Console App related bug fixed.
- On-Demand Fees: In settings, you can create custom on-demand fees and apply them to your Management Agreements. You can then also charge an owner for this fee, when you need to.
- Commercial Property Management: Cloud now includes basic functionality to manage Commercial tenancies. This includes the option to add GST to rent, invoice a Commercial tenant for rent, and have receipting of rent also affect the rent invoice. Your statements will also reflect GST on rent.
- Journalling - you can now journal money from tenant deposit to the tenant's bond
- Bpay payment: Bpay payment method for creditors and Multi drop pdf files in new payments screen.
- Bpay batch files: Bpay batch files created on disbursement for: Macquarie, ANZ, CBA, NAB, Westpac.
- Invoice to Creditor: You can now create an invoice to pay directly to a Creditor
- Company Logo: You can now upload your own company logo, in the Office area, in Settings. This logo is used in a number of documents and templates, such as Owner Statements, Routine Inspection reports and Receipts.
- Disbursements: The disbursement screen has been improved to be faster to load.
- Fixed serious rendering bug that could occur when ticking check-boxes in the tenant arrears view.
- 22 bugs found, and eliminated.
- Journalling: You can now transfer any amount in a Tenant's deposit towards their rent or outstanding invoices. This can be done via the “Transfer Deposit” option in the Tenant’s balances section.
- Console App (Inspections): You can now add general comments to routine inspections via the “Add additional details” option in the top-right corner of the Inspections screen. All general comments will also appear on the routine report generated in Console Cloud.
- Custom Fees: It’s now simple to set up all your Agency Fees. In Settings, you can now create default fees and select the fees to be charge to each individual owner. Set and forget, these fees will be automatically charged to your Agency fee ledger as scheduled.
- New Dashboard: The dashboard now includes 6 new workflow related graphs for rent arrears, rent reviews, lease renewals, maintenance & vacancies.
- Journalling: You can now transfer funds from your creditor to owners.
- Console App (Inspections): Increased the character limit of all inspection comments from 200 to 1,000 characters.
- Owner Statements: Owners statements are now available to download in the Owner agreement.
- 25 bugs of various sizes fixed.
- 6 Console app related buys fixed
- There was a bug that was not charging rent commission for tenant deposit journals.
- Journalling: You can now transfer available funds from the Agency to the owner ledgers
- Journalling: Overpaid rents can now be automatically transferred to tenant deposit when a vacate date is entered in the system
- Product Updates: Added a new widget on the Dashboard, showing regular product updates in app
- Creditors: The Creditor screen now has balances, to show funds available to disburse
- Inactive Labels: Properties and Owners now have an improved and obvious ‘inactive’ label, when their status is inactive
- 11 minor bugs squashed
- Quote requests: you’re now able to generate quote requests from a maintenance request in Cloud. The requests will be emailed to the nominated Creditor/s provided they’re set up with a valid email address. This is the first release of this feature, and we’d love to know what you think!
- Owner Change capability – users can now change an owner of a property, which seamlessly journal excess funds to new owner and release excess fees from current owner for you.
- Disbursement screen: we’ve added the related property beneath each owner on the disbursement screen, making it easier to distinguish who you’re paying.
- Sales statements: now display the purchase price when a sale is under contract.
- Work orders: are now automatically emailed to the Creditor provided they’re set up with a valid email address.
- Autocomplete addresses: when creating a new property in Console Cloud, simply start typing the property address and autocomplete will now fill in the rest.
- Single click edit: quickly update Owner or Tenants details by selecting the pencil symbol next to the entity you wish to edit.
- Disbursement refresh: the Disbursement screen will immediately refresh following a disbursement, allowing you to select and disburse additional entities without navigating away from the screen.
- Fixed missing fee charge on reversal