What’s new in Console Cloud?
Our development team is constantly working on implementing new features and enhancements. You’ll find here a list of updates that make the product better every day.
- Bulk Emails to Owners and Tenants: You now have the ability to send bulk emails to Owner and Tenants with attachments from Cloud. Simply select tenants or owners from the list page or send individual emails from the Tenant or Owner page. Emails can also be sent from the Property, Maintenance and Inspection pages - simply click, Message Tenant or Message Owner.
View your communication history, including a preview of the message and delivery status, in the Owner Communications and Tenant Timeline.
- Documents: There are now many new 'Documents' areas in Cloud. You can now easily upload and store documents attached to your Tenants, Owners, Creditors, Properties and Sales - as well as a global documents screen.
- Bulk SMS to Owners and Tenants: You can now SMS your owners and tenants, both individually and in bulk. This is available in the 'message' option, which is accessible from the connected tenant/owner/property of the people you want to send to, or the main tenant and owner screens.
- The Help area is changing! We'll soon be changing the 'Help' option in the top right hand side of Console Cloud. You will see a new help button, which will have 2 options: 'Live Chat', and 'Console Help'. Console Help will now open a new web-page, to access our training & help resources - with a slightly different look. It also gives us more options to make more information, and useful resources, easily accessible to you.
- Commission on Tenant Invoices: By popular demand, you can now add in a new fee type that will collect commissions on the money you receive when tenants pay invoices
- Dashboard update changes: We've now changed the look of the dashboard update, to more prominently let you know when we've made new changes & additions in Console Cloud.
- Amend Paid-To Date: Users can now amend the paid-to date within Cloud. Simply click on "Amend" next to the tenants paid-to date, provide information on what details need to change and the paid to date will be updated automatically.
- Insights: We've now added an 'Insights' dashboard specifically for business owners and business managers. It show current and historical data on your rent roll's revenue, it's value as a saleable asset, total properties, and other useful information. Insights is only available to Administrator level users.
- Global Search: We've now added a global search bar at the top of Console Cloud. This allows you to quickly find and visit any owner, tenant, property or creditor in Cloud.
- Roles and Permissions:
- - Invite new users into your system
- - Select one of three Permission Levels
- - See pending invites
- - Once the user has registered, ability to edit permission level
- Tenant Timeline: We've now added a 'Timeline' tab in the Tenant screen. This shows you a detailed timeline of many transactions, workflow events, maintenance, inspections and other events or actions that have occurred throughout the tenancy. You can also click through many of the events listed, to access the item it is referring to...PLUS...you can also export these timeline events to a PDF document, to be able to share or take to tribunal.
- Customised Arrears SMS: Due to popular demand we are excited to release the ability to customise Arrears SMS reminders. Head to your arrears workflow now and set up your own message in Manage SMS reminders.
- Arrears workflow: We've now added the Vacate Date column in arrears list
- Arrears workflow: You can now email all tenants the PDF that has been attached to the arrears timeline.
PM App (V1.3.2)
- You now have the ability to copy & paste comments directly from a previous inspection area to the new inspection, in one click. Simply press the "copy comments" and the comments will pre-populate into the current inspection.
- Prefixed templates for Routine Inspections: When you have new routine inspections, a default set of pre-populated areas will be automatically created.
- There were 11 small software bugs found, and exterminated.
- Vacate Workflow: You can now transfer overpaid rent to tenant deposit directly from the vacate workflow.
- Owner Portal: You can now invite your Owners to the new Owner Portal, where they can access their statements, and other basic tenancy information for their properties.
- User Invite Page: Previously, you could only see the users you have invited to the Cloud office once they have successfully accepted the invite. Now, as soon as you invite a user, their name will appear in the Users screen, and will have a "Pending" tag next to their name to let you know that they haven't accepted the invitation yet. After 7 days, if the invite isn't accepted, it will expire and disappear.
- Arrears: You can now sort by the (days in) Arrears, and Last SMS columns in the Arrears workflow.
- Vacates: You can now sort by the Vacate Date, and Exit Inspection (date) columns in the Vacate workflow.
- Properties List: Added new columns in the Properties list to view the key numbers and current rent amounts.
- Tenants List: Added new columns in Tenants list for (Lease) End Date and Vacate Date.
- Arrears Workflow: You can now upload a PDF directly to the arrears timeline.
- There were 5 annoying software bugs found and eliminated.
- Lease Renewals: You now have a single view of all Lease Renewals and a timeline of your lease renewal events. This includes the following;
- - Set up Lease Renewal fees to be charged to the owner when you finalise the lease renewal.
- - Send an email to your tenant asking if they intend to renew, vacate or if they are undecided and receive their response into the Lease Renewal timeline.
- - Create a Lease Agreement Form if you have a subscription with REI or Realworks.
- - Automatically update your Tenant Agreement once you finalise the Lease.
- Arrears: You can now create a form using REI forms integration in the workflow.
- Vacate: You can now create "Tenant Summary" to summarise everything the tenant needs to finalise a tenancy.
- Create Form in Tenant Agreement: If you have REI forms you can now integrate with Cloud and create your Tenant Lease Agreement from the Tenant Agreement page.
- Vacate: You can now change your vacate date, directly in the workflow.
- New Disbursement page: We've now released a new disbursement page, which you have the option of switching to (see the disbursement page itself for this option). In the new page, you can search and select single owners and creditors easily, and disburse them individually. There's also an improved summary page to give you more visibility of Agency fees being disbursed, and we've made the screen much faster to handle disbursing large numbers of owners.
- Arrears: You can now create a form using REI forms integration in the workflow and add an expiry date - SET up your REI/Realworks Integration in Settings to start using.
- Arrears: You can filter by portfolio on the arrears page. /li>
- Search: On the Lease Renewals page you can now search by property address or tenant name.
- Vacate: You can now filter by portfolio.
- Lease Renewal: You can now search by property address or tenant name.
- Lease Renewal: Last action column now available with the ability to sort.
- Lease Renewal: You now have the ability to sort by End Date.
- There was a bug on the Dashboard Arrears graph, where the totals of tenants in arrears under the specific time frames were incorrect ie the number of tenants between 1-3 days in arrears. This has now been rectified
- There were 14 other minor bugs fixes or enhancements released.
- Entry and Exit Condition reports are now available in the Console app.
- Past Inspection Information: You can now view past inspections, and copy past inspection notes within the individual 'areas' for inspections in the Console app.
- Paid to date help wizard: If you notice that your paid to date and part-payment is incorrect, you can now submit your help request through Console Cloud directly and our support staff will be in contact.
- Vacating Tenancies: You now have a single view of all your active tenancies that have a vacate date.
- See other valuable information related to the vacate such as:
- - any monies owed (rent and invoices combined)
- - if an exit inspection has been scheduled, the date it is scheduled for.
- - When you are ready to finalise the tenancy, press the button and it will finalise the vacate and make the tenancy inactive.
- - You can now cancel the vacate workflow when a tenant no longer needs to vacate. This will remove the vacate date and close the workflow.
- See this new feature under "Beta Features"
- Arrears: You now have a single view of all Rent Arrears and a timeline of your arrears events. 29 Nov 2018 You can send manual SMS reminders to tenants or set up Auto SMS Reminders.
- - Auto SMS allows you to set and forget and will reduce the amount of time you spend following up arrears.
- - With Auto SMS you can control what day reminders are sent (ie 4 days in arrears), the time SMS reminders are sent and turn off reminders to individual tenancies.
- - Events, like when the SMS message is sent and what the message said, are recorded in the timeline.
- - Record notes in the arrears timeline.
- Fixed or Periodic: We have made updates to the tenant agreement screen. All tenant agreements now have a Fixed or Periodic lease type.
- Navigation Menu: The navigation menu has been enhanced to now include Relationships and Beta Features. Relationships consolidates all your Contacts, Owners, Tenants and Creditors together in the one menu item.
- Addons: The Addons screen has been added into 'Settings' in the navigation bar. This currently allows you to activate and manage your SMS usage in Cloud, which is currently inside a free subscription period until March 31st 2019.
- EFT Payment List: We have made some adjustments to the EFT Statement to add in the 'Payer' name column, and also sort the list in alphabetical order for easy reference.
- Vacating tenancies: Sort order of list view on Vacate page.
- Console App - Fixed the orientation of landscape photos in the app and inspection report. (iOS only)
- There have been 15 bugs found and eliminated in Cloud.
- Console App Upload Summary: An upload summary has been added to the inspections screen to show the progress of inspection data being uploaded to Cloud.
- Draft Maintenance: Draft maintenance requests can now be submitted from the "Maintenance" tab inside an inspection.
- Change Log: We have added a new Change Log that tracks all changes ever made in your office, in Cloud. Check it out now under "Change Log" in the nav menu, as well as in the "Last changed by" widget located at the bottom right in most screens.
- Maintenance: In the maintenance screen, you can now additionally search by property address or by maintenance subject.
- There were 12 minor bugs found and squashed.
- There was a bug in the maintenance screen which showed all maintenance as 'New' status, and was showing some 'closed' maintenance requests in the open screen. It was promptly hunted down and exterminated with prejudice.
- There were 4 Console App related bug fixed.
- On-Demand Fees: In settings, you can create custom on-demand fees and apply them to your Management Agreements. You can then also charge an owner for this fee, when you need to.
- Commercial Property Management: Cloud now includes basic functionality to manage Commercial tenancies. This includes the option to add GST to rent, invoice a Commercial tenant for rent, and have receipting of rent also affect the rent invoice. Your statements will also reflect GST on rent.
- Journalling - you can now journal money from tenant deposit to the tenant's bond
- Bpay payment: Bpay payment method for creditors and Multi drop pdf files in new payments screen.
- Bpay batch files: Bpay batch files created on disbursement for: Macquarie, ANZ, CBA, NAB, Westpac.
- Invoice to Creditor: You can now create an invoice to pay directly to a Creditor
- Company Logo: You can now upload your own company logo, in the Office area, in Settings. This logo is used in a number of documents and templates, such as Owner Statements, Routine Inspection reports and Receipts.
- Disbursements: The disbursement screen has been improved to be faster to load.
- Fixed serious rendering bug that could occur when ticking check-boxes in the tenant arrears view.
- 22 bugs found, and eliminated.
- Journalling: You can now transfer any amount in a Tenant's deposit towards their rent or outstanding invoices. This can be done via the “Transfer Deposit” option in the Tenant’s balances section.
- Console App (Inspections): You can now add general comments to routine inspections via the “Add additional details” option in the top-right corner of the Inspections screen. All general comments will also appear on the routine report generated in Console Cloud.
- Custom Fees: It’s now simple to set up all your Agency Fees. In Settings, you can now create default fees and select the fees to be charge to each individual owner. Set and forget, these fees will be automatically charged to your Agency fee ledger as scheduled.
- New Dashboard: The dashboard now includes 6 new workflow related graphs for rent arrears, rent reviews, lease renewals, maintenance & vacancies.
- Journalling: You can now transfer funds from your creditor to owners.
- Console App (Inspections): Increased the character limit of all inspection comments from 200 to 1,000 characters.
- Owner Statements: Owners statements are now available to download in the Owner agreement.
- 25 bugs of various sizes fixed.
- 6 Console app related buys fixed
- There was a bug that was not charging rent commission for tenant deposit journals.
- Journalling: You can now transfer available funds from the Agency to the owner ledgers
- Journalling: Overpaid rents can now be automatically transferred to tenant deposit when a vacate date is entered in the system
- Product Updates: Added a new widget on the Dashboard, showing regular product updates in app
- Creditors: The Creditor screen now has balances, to show funds available to disburse
- Inactive Labels: Properties and Owners now have an improved and obvious ‘inactive’ label, when their status is inactive
- 11 minor bugs squashed
- Quote requests: you’re now able to generate quote requests from a maintenance request in Cloud. The requests will be emailed to the nominated Creditor/s provided they’re set up with a valid email address. This is the first release of this feature, and we’d love to know what you think!
- Owner Change capability – users can now change an owner of a property, which seamlessly journal excess funds to new owner and release excess fees from current owner for you.
- Disbursement screen: we’ve added the related property beneath each owner on the disbursement screen, making it easier to distinguish who you’re paying.
- Sales statements: now display the purchase price when a sale is under contract.
- Work orders: are now automatically emailed to the Creditor provided they’re set up with a valid email address.
- Autocomplete addresses: when creating a new property in Console Cloud, simply start typing the property address and autocomplete will now fill in the rest.
- Single click edit: quickly update Owner or Tenants details by selecting the pencil symbol next to the entity you wish to edit.
- Disbursement refresh: the Disbursement screen will immediately refresh following a disbursement, allowing you to select and disburse additional entities without navigating away from the screen.
- Fixed missing fee charge on reversal